NZ KiwiBerry are a nutritional powerhouse, they are the most nutrient dense of all the major fruits, and are an extremely healthy food source. Containing almost 20 vital nutrients, NZ KiwiBerry are considered a "super snack"!
They are rich in antioxidants which are known to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer, and help slow the aging process, to name just a few benefits.
Nutritionally, KiwiBerry is known to have the following characteristics/ 125 g serving:
Great source of Vitamins A and E, calcium, magnesium and iron.
Compared to Hayward kiwifruit they have:
• Slightly higher source of vitamin C (range 63-123 mg/100g fresh weight).
• Higher sucrose:monosaccharide ratios.
• Higher calcium levels and high in fibre
• Higher dry matter and soluble solids (up to 24%) in ripe fruit, quite exceptional compared to other examples within the Actinidia species.
• Inositol is present in high concentration in A. arguta (compared to Hayward and many other fruits) and this may have some health benefits. It is an antioxidant, is classed as a vitamin and is required in the breakdown of fats and oils in the liver.
• Slightly higher levels of crystalline oxalic acid – the effect of this can be to experience a “catch” at the back of the throat when swallowing the fruit.
• Higher potassium levels per gram.
New varieties have been developed through breeding programmes run by private growers and NZ Institute for Plant and Food Research Ltd.
More Info +
NZ KiwiBerry Growers Inc.
Executive Officer (Interim)
M: 027 403 6647
PO Box 484
Bay of Plenty 3153
Email Us +